While surfing the web for weightloss advice and inspiration, as I regularly do, I came across a NY Times article that completely related to my current situation. It seems that a vast number of future brides put themselves through much more drastic dieting measures, however:
More than 70 percent of brides-to-be want to lose weight before their wedding day, according to a new study from Cornell University.
Nearly half the brides-to-be were willing to adopt extreme dieting strategies to reach their goal weight by their wedding day. Among extreme dieters, skipping meals and taking unprescribed diet pills and supplements were reported most frequently. About 10 percent of the women used liquid diets, while a fraction of the women started smoking, took laxatives or induced vomiting in order to lose weight.
I love food as well as my own body too much to even go there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment